R.W. Behan

Well, thanks anyway, Larry. But I've had one more thought. It would
probably make a pretty good buggy whip.

Dick

"Larry W4CSC" wrote in message
"R.W. Behan" wrote in
:

Help, help, you electronic wizards out there. We've removed the Loran
C from a 20-year-old Lord Nelson Tug we bought recently, but up on the
pilothouse is a perfectly good Loran C antenna, with the antenna lead
running to the nav station. Can this antenna be used for anything
else? Specifically, for a GPS?, or maybe a VHF radio? Well, maybe a
flagstaff.....

Sorry, RW. Loran-C is on 100 Khz, far below any other band of frequencies
you'll ever use. It also, probably, has some kind of pre-amp in it and is
very sharply tuned to 100 Khz, rendering it useless to even other Loran-C
sets from different manufacturers.

It's too flimsy to be a boathook, too...(c;

I suppose the flagstaff idea might work on that beautiful tug. No danger
in planing speed bending it over. Today in the South, you could use it to
guage ice buildup!