Larry W4CSC

Dave wrote in
:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:03:29 GMT, Larry W4CSC said:

I think completeness is more important than multiple ports and
usenetserver.com finally got its act together on completeness in its
feeds.

I agree on the completeness point. Glad to hear they got their act
together. The news farms seem to have a history of catching up and
then falling behind as usage increases. The one on top today may be
on the bottom in 6 months. I've been tempted from time to time to
switch, but in the long run I'm not sure it would make sense.

I helped Knology Cable betatest their own news server. The heavy
downloaders were asked to trash it. We did...(c;

So, the company decided to buy Usenetserver.com's ISP service, instead.
It's been great and is included with my $55 monthly service. I see no
reason to even have internet without Usenet. Everything else is just
another advertising scheme like TV or Radio has become....useless. I don't
even own a TV any more. I don't pay to watch advertising.

It's the reason I don't go to the boatshow. How stupid to pay $8 for a
ticket and $4 for parking to see nothing but dealers trying to sell me
something. If they want to sell me a house, I don't have to pay to ride
around in the real estate company's SUV. Why do I have to pay to look at
boats?....(c;