Harry Krause

Default Marina gas prices - how much are you paying this summer?

Steve wrote:
I think refueling a gasoline boat from plastic or metal jerry cans is a
dangerous practice and some marinas may even prohibit it.

Any gasoline transfer is suppose to have an anti static grounding system.
Not to mention safeguards regarding smoking, open flames, etc.

I see people refueling at the marina and public dock all the time without
regard to these basic precautions.

If I see this going on, I try to leave that area.

At least when you fuel at a marina fuel dock or the gas station, up the
road, they have grounded nozzles and the other precautions.

Another good reason to go with diesel fuel..

--
My opinion and experience. FWIW

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

There are some boaters who out of ignorance or carelessness carry a
quantity of plastic or metal jerry cans full of gasoline aboard, and
refill their main tank from those cans while underway. If they knew what
they were playing with, they might opt to install a larger main fuel
tank on their boat, or find a boat with a larger fuel tank.

Refilling a diesel tank from a jerry can is not the same kind of hazard
as playing around with gasoline.

--
* * *
email sent to will *never* get to me.