K. Smith

How do you adjust the idle on this year model? I just need it to drop
a tad. Thanks,

If you get someone to slowly work the throttle from idle to full a few
times while you watch you'll see what happens.

Essentially idle speed is controlled with spark timing retard not by
adjusting the throttle plates. You will notice from idle the throttle
moves quite a ways before it even starts to open the throttle plate linkage.

The relationship between all the links is important otherwise you can
finish up with too much advance at too low a revs, so don't just adjust
anything, even if it does change the idle it may be bad for the engine.

The vertical arm on the side of the engine, the one connected to the
throttle cable itself, it has a lock nutted screw at it's lowest point,
it's actually below the arms pivot point, down close to where the
throttle cable connects on.

That's the idle speed adjustment screw that Tony is referring to any
others are up higher above the arms pivots & should not be touched
unless you propose to fully adjust the engine's timing including the
pickup point & max advance. Once you have seen how it works & ID Tony's
point then as per his instructions.

& Krause's lie of the day is:

Other than what he's picked up here over the years this liar
clearly doesn't & never has owned a boat & certainly never done any real
boating, yet he insults all the NG real boaters with lies like this;

Have you ever sailed from San Francisco to Hawaii? I have.
Have you ever rounded Cape Horn? I have, twice.
Have you ever transited the Panama Canal? I have.
Have you owned more than 20 boats in your lifetime? I have.
Have you ever sailed large boats competitively? I have.
Have you ever been hundreds of miles from land in a powerboat under

your command? I have.