Clams Canino

Hi Matt,

You gotta keep the old 2 strokes under 4000 to save gas too. But ya they do
drink it.

The 1250 was an interesting critter. It ws the 1st of the 99ci design that
would have a 20 year run on the market. But conversely, it was the last of
the old plain vanilla crossflow piston dome. It's sucassors with the
updated intake got a bit better mileage because the burn efficiancy went up.
But they still drank (drink) gas for breakfast, particularly when you hammer
them. I swear at WOT I can see the gas needle go down.

Really wanna waste gas, underpower your boat. I had an 800 on a family
runabout for 2 weeks while I was building my 115. We had to keep it near
WOT all the time to get anything done. Now THAT sucker drank some gas, much
more than it's big cousin did on the same boat.

-W

wrote in message
oups.com...
I used to have a '60ies Merc 1250 ... When I fired this thing up it was
like pouring gas in the water

The old 2 strokes devour gas.... to fix that get a modern 4 stroke.
Also stay below 3600 rpm

Matt