Capt. NealŪ

Wrong, bozo, like Jeff and Wally said, he could always tack. At any rate,
if both boats are complying with the sailing rules overtaking situations
are covered. The need for Rule 13 is nil.

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:34:38 -0500, Capt. NealŪ
scribbled thusly:

You didn't give me a plausible scenario where if the sailing rules are
adhered to then why is Rule 13 necessary?

It is plain to me if the three simple sailing rules are followed then there
is no need for any stupid overtaking rule. The overtaking rule becomes
entirely superfluous.

CN

Cappy, you have already given the scenario.
If the windward boat is not able to point as high as the leeward
yacht, he must employ another method to stay clear, or slow and pass
the baton to the now overtaking boat.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.