Capt. NealŪ

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message ...

Perhaps in a different world. There is no reason why the rules always
have to make sense, but they still must be followed. As I said, in
racing the rules are different, but still self-consistent.

You still refuse to understand the fact that there is no need for Rule 13
provided the two sailboats follow the three sailing rules.

If rule 13 did not exist at all then the three sailing rules would still cover
overtaking situations. I will not deviate from the sailing rules
in order to follow superfluous Rule 13. In doing so I would be in violation
of one rule in order to adhere to another. Folly and, in of itself, against
the rules. Whereas I think like a sailor, you think like a stinkpotter.

CN