rhys

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 01:35:43 GMT, Larry W4CSC wrote:

"Garland Gray II" wrote in

Great website ! Thanks

I've been following them for quite a while. Real pioneers in the Colorado
wilderness. They are the kind of inventors, like Tesla, who put the AC
power in your house and created the machines we all take for granted.

Notice the generators they make are so efficient they stall the blades if
they get the magnets too close to the load coils....(c;

That brake disc genset just begs to be on a hinge off the stern draggin a
cable hooked to a big prop to charge those house batteries.... I picture a
spring-loaded disk the prop would pull away from the stator coils as the
prop slows turning as it stalls and becomes a sea anchor...unloading the
power to keep the prop turning at whatever it can produce. It's just too
easy. AS the battery banks charge and the regulator unloads the coils, the
spring would retract the disc magnets to more fully coupled as prop speed
increased.

Of course, being a marine genset, we'll have to figure out how to make it
cost $5000, instead of $50....(c;

Excellent site, Larry. I've bookmarked it because not only do I want
nearly free energy on my next boat, when I swallow the anchor I want
to buy a farm and go off the grid!

R.