Larry W4CSC

Dave wrote in
:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 03:47:04 GMT, Larry W4CSC said:

No GB limit, no restrictions.

Now quite. You're limited to one connection at a time, which limits the
speed of multithreading download programs. Still faster than Newscene's
unlimited download option, though.

Nope....6 simultaneous ports. Your limit is your download bandwidth on
broadband.

Using more than one port for more bandwidth makes no difference on
usenetserver.com. It shoves 320KB (bytes not bits) through one port, here.
That's the cap on my cable. Delays getting the next message in a multipart
binary is milliseconds with Xnews, which is free.

I'm offloading my 360GB hard drive stack to DVD+R as I type this...(sigh)

I think completeness is more important than multiple ports and
usenetserver.com finally got its act together on completeness in its feeds.