Clams Canino

Put a 1985 - '88 Merc 115 on it anyway and the whole lake will know who you
are.

-W (they made a 90 with the same exact weight)

"trainfan1" wrote in message
tony thomas wrote:
We used to have a GT150 w/ a Merc 115 and it would run about 42 mph wide
open (if I remember right). My guess is yours runs about 38 mph wide

open
if that much. Given that - at 9 gallons per hour that would equate to a
little over 4 miles to the gallon. I really doubt it will get that at

wide
open. Probably 2 miles per gallon if your lucky. Now it should get 4

or
better at about 3/4 throttle or less.

New engines do get better fuel economy. A new 90 (they don't make 85's

any
more) will also have a lot more power as it is rated at the prop and

yours
is rated at the powerhead.

If you really want some fun (I think that boat is rated for a 135) get a
1990's Evinrude 120 V4. That will wake it up.

I think the GT150 is only rated for 85 or 90 hp.

Checking classicglastron....

Yup 90 hp on the GT150, 120 hp on the GT160.

Rob