Jr Gilbreath

Jim, You can get to cuba without getting into the territorial waters of
the united States.

Jim Carter wrote:

"JimH" wrote in message

"Marley" wrote in message

A Proclamation made by US President George W. Bush on February 26, 2004,
authorizes the Secretary of Homeland Security to take virtually total
control over any vessel, foreign or domestic, in the territorial waters

of

the United States, if the authorities feel that vessel "may be used, or

is

susceptible of being used, for voyage into Cuban territorial waters".

You have a problem with that? Why?

Yes Jim, I have a problem with that. My reason for the problem is the
wording that says that Bush authorizes the total control over any vessel,
"foreign" or domestic. I have no problem with the domestic boat but it is
the foreign vessel that creates the problem for me.

I do cruise to Cuba. I have been there many times. I am a Canadian
Citizen and my boat is Canadian Registry. My government allows me to travel
to Cuba. My government has trade and diplomatic relations with Cuba. Why
should a foreign government take control of my boat if I want to go to Cuba?
That is a terrorism and piracy.

Jim