JohnH

On 28 Jan 2005 07:59:23 -0800, wrote:

Good one. Thanks. I think I'd be disconnecting the batteries if
showing a boat.

John H

********

That would be fine on a small, open boat but it would create some
safety concerns on larger craft with enclosed compartments. People do
need to be able to see when touring through a vessel, and not all boats
have AC as well as DC lighting.

Besides, at out show there's a bit of a tradition. On the last day of
our ten day (!) show, when the PA system finally thanks the crowd for
coming and announces the show is over, a large number of boat horns are
sounded in celebration. Tough to do with no battery power.

So long as everyone knows the difference between the horn button and
the discharge switch!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD,
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it."
Rene Descartes