Jim Carter

"JimH" wrote in message
Because they may not know your intentions.
When was the last time a Canadian privately owned boat was confiscated by
the US? Why don't we have an right to protect our waters based on our

laws
and regulations?
Don't like it? Travel to Cuba via waters not owned and under legal

control
of the US.

Jim, the US government would know my intentions because I file a float plan
with the US Coast Guard and I tell them who I am and where I am going.
Yes, I agree that you have a right to protect your waters, but, coming from
Canada I would be boating through about a thousand miles of your waters
before I would leave to go to Cuba. They do not stop me when I leave
Canada and enter the US at Buffalo, on my way south. I clear US Customs and
Immigration at this Port. They do not stop me at any of the ports on my
way down the intracoastal waterways to Key West.

Please explain to me why you think I should not do this.

Thanks,
Jim