Rich Hampel

I prefer "Honey Teak" by Signaturefinish.com ... starting to be
fairly common on the east coast. The wescoasters seem to prefer "5
Year Clear" by Smith & Co. ... which has a bit of an epoxy base.
The stuff is expensive, takes a bit of a learning curve .... in overall
cost and overall labor is much cheaper. Once the base coats are
applied a very simply scrub with a scotchbite pad and quick coat of
2-part clear yearly is all that it takes .... I double the clear
thickness every two years and simply power buff the clear coat .

The stuff is very easy to lay down and since it is a catalyzed coating
system, you can usually do the WHOLE job on a cool weekend. Initially
when applied they have an amber 'hue' but rapidly fade to a light
'honey' -clear color with UV exposure. Both can be hand-rubbed with
rotten stone and water (as one can do with varnish) for an
'ultra-gloss' finish.

In article , Wayne.B
wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 14:31:48 GMT, Rich Hampel
wrote:

then I discovered the modern 2-part acrylic/urethane
co-polymers with heavy UV protection that last 5-6 years; and, havent
opend a can of 'exterior' varnish since.

Can you recommend a brand that you like?