rhys

On 28 Jan 2005 09:47:03 -0600, Dave wrote:

Doubtful, as Eudora like most spam fighting programs relies on filtering out
the posts you don't want. Only way to have no spam is with the type of
system I use--no mail gets in unless I have approved the sender in advance.

That's not entirely correct. You can train a Bayesian filter-style of
"spam catcher", and you can own your own domain and remotely set mail
server parameters, and you can use a router and firewall.

Now, about one spam a week. I used to get 300 a day, thanks to
newsgroup trolling, but as my domain advertises my business, it's
easier to block this stuff in the first place. Changing who hosts my
mail made a huge difference.

R.