Courtney Thomas

Thank you for your reply.

What is Rust Mort ? Where do you get it and what does it cost ?

Where did you find a good price on zinc chromate ?

I don't know if it's a different product now, but when I was a kid I was
required to paint all kinds of metal with Rustoleum and the results were
lousy. It didn't seem to prevent rust at all. Comments ?

Cordially,
Courtney

Robert or Karen Swarts wrote:

Slather it in Rust Mort. Prime with zinc chromate. Paint the color of your
choice.

Even easier, prime with Rustoleum rusty metal primer and paint with
Rustoleum color of your choice.

Bob Swarts

"Courtney Thomas" wrote in message

Looking for the simplest, least expensive way to rust inhibit and refinish
a [steel] sailboat trailer, after rust descaling.

If it matters, I'm thinking of doing this incrementally. It's 45' long.

Gratefully,

Courtney
--
s/v Mutiny