thunder

Default OT Howard Dean and America

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 03:40:33 +0000, NOYB wrote:

The link made a one-sentence reference to GWB's record while
governor...but there was no further mention of it. That was the first
time I even heard mention of him having his records sealed from the time
he was governor. Any further specifics on the allegation?

From the above link:

" Dean's right, in a sense, about Bush. The former Texas governor had his
gubernatorial records sent to his father's presidential library at Texas
A&M, where they are kept from public scrutiny (requests have to go through
the state's attorney general's office, who just happens to be a close Bush
ally)."

Upon further reading, GWB's records were moved back into state custody in
July 2002, after "a Texas attorney general's opinion had established that
they were subject to the state's open-records law." I agree with you,
Dean should unseal his records. It is a stupid thing for a candidate to
do and GWB should also have been held to task for it.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...&notFound=true