riverman

"Dan Valleskey" valleskey at comcast dot net wrote in message

Sorry I can't point you the right way. Sounds like Adirondacks may be
your best bet, but others know better than I. Gonna be hot and buggy
anywhere you go, that time of year.
~~~
What struck me about your post, is when I got married, she said, let's
make it a vacation to end all vacations. I said, okay, Hmmm.. always
wanted to sea kayak Baja. It'd be great, dear, fly out, rent boats,
spend an hour remembering how to roll. Then, just us, a tent, a mess
of beer and grub, and maybe a swim suit, in case we run into other
folk. (Back when anyone would have actually wanted to see either of
us with no clothes on).

We ended up on the Florida panhandle, in a condo. I carted my old
faithful 17 Jensen around on the car for three weeks, counting time
before, during, and after the whole shindig. For a hurried 2 hour
trip on a pretty Fla. blackwater river. Post Christmas, it was cold,
too cold to even swim in the gulf.

It is not much different today, unless I can leave her home.

tell yer (soon to be) hubby he is lucky!

-Dan V.

And then you get to listen to all your friends telling you how it takes
'compromises' to make a marriage happen. :-)

"When I got married, I discovered that I never knew the meaning of the word
'compromise'. I wanted 50 people at the wedding, she wanted 250. So we
compromised at 250."

--riverman