John from Illinois

Default E-Techs in the 50-hp range

Rich,

Having spoken with the factory service reps a number of times, they tell me
all the E-TEC motors are performing really well. I was told the only
significant item was shipping damage between the factory and their dealers.

I've also had the opportunity to drive a couple of boats with 50 hp E-TEC
installed. Three of us went for about a 10 mile test ride at a meeting.
It's astounding how quiet they are, we only had to raise our voices to talk
over the wind noise at full throttle! I also have some performance data on
a 40 hp E-TEC on a Carolina Skiff 20mpg @ 1000 rpm and 8.1 mpg @ 4500 rpm
cruise speed - I'm rather impressed with the fuel economy.

Best of luck with your new motor, please inform us how you like it once
you've had a chance to run it.

-John

"RG" wrote in message
Anyone know how many Johnson E-Techs are out there and how have they

faired
so far?

I'm a week or so away from purchasing a 50 hp and hate the idea of being

the
first with new technology.
Any thoughts or comments appreciated.
RichG