Grumman-581

Default Trolling motor on a 21 foot boat?

"F330 GT" wrote ...
My guess is that it would be a waste of money. I have a 21 ' boat and have

a 5
hp kicker that doesn't do a whole lot against the wind. If I was 20 miles
offshore and lost the engine I'd have a real llooooonnnnggg ride back in
against any wind over 5 knots. I consider my kicker just barely better

than
nothing.

Having been around 8 nm offshoe with a dead engine, I would have loved to
have a 5 hp kicker... Of course, I can't figure out a way to mount that on
my jet boat since it doesn't have that sort of transom... At that point, I
would have settled for some oars and oar locks...