RG

Default E-Techs in the 50-hp range

re Johnson/Evinrude...no matter to me, I still see them as one company but I
do understand the internal differentiation.

The boat hull, alas, is STILL at the manufacturer. It is a 1989 hull and NO
ONE seems to have any statistics .. i.e. weight, etc.. I contacted the
manufacturer ( www.elpescadorboats.com ) but he recently bought the company,
and apparently no records were handy going back to when they stopped making
( 1990 ) this small sized tunnel hull boat.

I recently bought the hull because, ten or so years ago, I owned one of them
and loved its ride. That boat was equipped with a 55 h.p. Suzuki, and was
squatty in the rear end at rest, but needed no help getting up on plane and
running well across any water I pointed her.

The hull shape has a high bow, clean wave-cutting shapes, and then slides
off into a flat rear end with a tunnel cut in. Deep water if needed (
really, just might need it for a wind blown bay, rather than deep water) and
skinny water with the tunnel. It is a well regarded boat here on the Texas
flats.

I'll weigh the boat/trailer combination when they get done fixing a few
stress cracks in the hull. I'll subtract the weight of the trailer and I'll
have a pretty good weight / sans /engine to start with. The only dealer that
I found that knew anything about the smaller ElPescadors said a 50 hp was
what most of them ran back in the late 80's. Please take a look at the site
to see the hull shape, and tell me what you think. I much prefer small,
rather than large, engines for my use, which includes a lot of trailering 70
miles one way to go catch ( or try to ) a fish.

regards ( and I really do appreciate the help and input on this group).

RichG