ccotter

Check out the Sea Kayaker Oct 2004 edition and find there an article with a
weight training program for Kayakers. Article "Strength Training for Sea
Kayakers"
http://www.seakayakermag.com/
"Steven Laughmiller" wrote in message
While I know the best way to get into shape for seakayaking is to go
and do it, I am currently building the boat so that is still a little
out of the question. What things can I do at the gym or otherwise to
help guide a sedentary out of shape body into a less painful
experience in sea kayaking kayaking. I am 52, heavier than I like
but working on that very hard. The gym has the usual compliment of
machines; I am currently working on cardio the most since it seems
like I need it the most right now to build up wind and endurance.
Many years of sitting in a chair making topo maps takes it toll!

I am not planning any expeditions on the Georgia coast soon but that
is the goal eventually in late summer or so. Until then, lakes and
slow rivers and short trips in the sounds around Savannah will do when
the boat gets built.

Anyone got suggestions. Thanks
Steve