Joe

Lonny Bruce wrote:

Good points Lonny,

However this is a private company, not a govt group, cheese factory.

If the owner does not want to hire any smokers... than that is his
right.

If I hire people I will set whatever restrictions or requirements I
want on who I hire. And I will fire whoever I feel needs to be fired.

It would have nothing to do with smoking, but it might have something
to do with not hiring slobs, non-producers, idiots, ect..

But then perhaps.. when you become a big corporation with bean counters
it might be smart to only hire 6' blonde hair 185 pound slim blue eyed
salesman with no known genetic defects or heath risks.

If we can get this stem cell and cloning stuff up to speed I see the
perfect workforce of the future. Yes... I could make a good profit with
all the right clones. That way I can afford to grow some spare body
parts for old age replacements.

Slippery slope my ass... ISO 9000 certification used to be the thing,
perfect worker certification will be next, lets get rid of human
errors.

Joe

Neal was wrong, once again, when he brought attention to the wacky

way
smokers are being treated in Michigan in the Thread "Getting Tough on

Cigeratte Smokers". This is directly due to the fact that Michigan

has a
liberal democrat woman governer, who was not even born in the USA.

Here is
another result of the liberal attitudes here in Michigan:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/...7362399290.xml

Just to be clear, I am not a smoker, and I don't condone smoking in

any way,
however we seem to be going down this slippery slope when it comes to

smokers. I see them as simply a convenient target as a group of

peeps not
fit for hiring. Who is next, people that are 20 pounds overweight?

Why
not? The same arguements can be made that peeps that are overweight

take
too much time off, and add to the overall cost of health care,

therefore no
one should hire them. Then who will be next, peeps who are

genetically
disposed to certain diseases? Yes, it would take genetic profiling,

but why
not? I mean the same arguements could be made that no one should

hire women
who's mother has contracted breast cancer, for instance, as there is

a risk
that they may contract it too, causing an employers health insurance

claims
to go up.

It is a dangerous, slippery slope. And brought to you by the liberal

political party who claims to be for the little guy, the most

vulnerable in
society. And apparently improperly supported by Captain Neal.

Lonny Bruce
--
Enjoy my new sailing web site
http://sail247.com