R.W. Behan

Second the motion about wetting the shoes. Years ago, as a timber cruiser
in Alaska, I broke in new "corked" boots by soaking them overnight in a pail
of water. Put 'em on with a pair of heavy wool socks and then walk around
until they're dry: Instant Breakin, and fully comfortable thereafter.

Cheers,

Dick B.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:55:28 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:
Mine are about six months old now but they still bite my heels and leave
blisters.

They are Sperry Topsiders.

Any tips on softening these guys up so they are easy to wear? It's
getting
so I dread putting them on.

Even among genuine topsiders there are so many models these days that
it's difficult to generalize. Some possibilities a Poor fit (no
real cure), lacing too tight (you should be able to slip them on and
off without untieing), no socks? (to wear Topsiders without socks,
both they and your feet need to be well broken in).

One old trick is to get them good and wet and then walk around in them
awhile.