Lonny Bruce

Default Anti-Smoking Gone Too Far

Neal was wrong, once again, when he brought attention to the wacky way
smokers are being treated in Michigan in the Thread "Getting Tough on
Cigeratte Smokers". This is directly due to the fact that Michigan has a
liberal democrat woman governer, who was not even born in the USA. Here is
another result of the liberal attitudes here in Michigan:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kzgazette/...7362399290.xml

Just to be clear, I am not a smoker, and I don't condone smoking in any way,
however we seem to be going down this slippery slope when it comes to
smokers. I see them as simply a convenient target as a group of peeps not
fit for hiring. Who is next, people that are 20 pounds overweight? Why
not? The same arguements can be made that peeps that are overweight take
too much time off, and add to the overall cost of health care, therefore no
one should hire them. Then who will be next, peeps who are genetically
disposed to certain diseases? Yes, it would take genetic profiling, but why
not? I mean the same arguements could be made that no one should hire women
who's mother has contracted breast cancer, for instance, as there is a risk
that they may contract it too, causing an employers health insurance claims
to go up.

It is a dangerous, slippery slope. And brought to you by the liberal
political party who claims to be for the little guy, the most vulnerable in
society. And apparently improperly supported by Captain Neal.

Lonny Bruce
--
Enjoy my new sailing web site
http://sail247.com