Heikki

Tomek,

I would wildly guess that you could have a hull built with
- 3-4000hrs of work at $x/hr
- about 15 tons of material

This gives you a sum which is about 15-25% of the total costs. The woodwork would be
another 20-25%.
Or, the price of material and equipment in professionally built custom boat is about
30-40% of the total price. The rest is work at $x/hr. The more you can do yourself
(without standing in pro´s way) the more you can save. Of course, you can count on paying
at least 20% more for anything than boatyard.
The total hours to build a custom 55ft blue water cruiser could be about 15000 hours, when
done by professionals.
You can save by spending your time looking for good deals on materials and equipment and
not buying electronics, the engine and gearbox until last possible moment.
I know one boat builder in Finland who built a 60ft GRP sailboat in ten years working
full-time on his boat. He did absolutely everything by himself: hull, hydraulics, woodwork
and even GRP mast!

Best regards,

Heikki
Limimetalli.com

Tomek wrote:

-How much is to buy a 55 ft alloy hull of a blue water cruiser for further development

(just hull, pure alloy no equipment)?
-How much is to equipe it only with wooden furnitures?
-I ask because its easy to find prices for electronics, engine etc. but couldnt find

any information concerning above.
-How meny % can be saved or wasted on buying things separately and commision experts to

put things together and doing minor works myself

I am 29 and would like to spend my 40th birthday on the yacht which will become my home

when I`ll retire. 11 years is plenty of time and I am not in the hurry