Dave Manby

I always thought river grade worked like this

Grade 1 take the mother-in-law / father-in-law
Grade 2 take the girl/boy friend
Grade 3 take the husband/wife
Grade 4 take the mistress/lover
Grade 5 take the photographs
Grade 6 take the mother-in-law / father-in-law.

By the way when I do my current lecture show about the trips I did in
Iran I describe the last few days on the Bakhtiari river as the hardest
grade 6 flat water I have ever paddled.

Paddling into vertically sided canyons with no eddies and no way of
seeing around the corner to the end of the canyon is incredibly
exhausting even when you are drifting on the flat.

The full report of the first two trips is on my web page - sorry I ain't
got round to posting the last years trip on the site yet. Got to find
time to unravel my Internet web page files - they got confused - don't
ask!

http://www.dmanby.demon.co.uk

--
Dave Manby
Details of the Coruh river and my book "Many Rivers To Run" at