Grumman581

Default SeaDoos

"Calif Bill" wrote ...
But you do not have to have full throttle to steer.

No, but you pretty much need to have at least enough throttle as it would
have taken to maintain your current speed...

Do not have to jump wakes 25' behind the boat.

I think you're thinking about jet skis, not jet boats... I have a jet
boat... Same as a prop boat, but just safer when someone is in the water at
the stern...

But I am also for giving out tickets for unsafe operation, and if the
operator is under 21 they also have to take a safety & operation class.

rant
Here in Houston, the local water donut patrol likes to give out tickets for
supposedly making a wake in a no wake zone... I got one last year with
trying to diagnose a problem with my engine and there was no way that I was
making a wake... He had said that it wasn't that big of a deal, it would
only cost a couple of bucks... It ended up costing over $250... ****ing
uniformed robbers... If I had known it was going to be so much, I would have
told him he could have stuck that damn ticket up his ass... There is no way
you can fight those tickets either... It's completely your word against his
lying sack-of-**** word... I *always* slow down for no-wake zones! Any
other robber I could just go ahead and shoot the son-of-a-bitch if he was
trying to steal $250 from me...
/rant