Steve Lusardi

Tomek,
Here's the deal. The hull is the least expensive part of your project. The
woodwork is the next least expensive cost. The greatest cost of maintaining
the boat is replacing all the junk parts builders use to sell their hulls.
For a boat of that size 11 years is not plenty of time. You might complete
that if everything goes to plan and you are prepared to sacrifice all your
free time and vacations. Very few people are or can afford to do so for
family obligations and the like. Just to give you an idea, the engineering
inside the hull alone will be in excess of 4000 manhours. If you have all
the skills, tools and equipment on hand in time. That equates to 4 years for
you if you do nothing else and you have the personal discipline of the pope.
I'm not trying to discourage you, just inform you of the immense task a boat
that size is. I know, I did it. Ask Glen or some of the other guys that are
doing it on this group.
Steve

"Tomek" wrote in message
-How much is to buy a 55 ft alloy hull of a blue water cruiser for further
development (just hull, pure alloy no equipment)?
-How much is to equipe it only with wooden furnitures?
-I ask because its easy to find prices for electronics, engine etc. but
couldnt find any information concerning above.
-How meny % can be saved or wasted on buying things separately and
commision
experts to put things together and doing minor works myself

I am 29 and would like to spend my 40th birthday on the yacht which will
become my home when I`ll retire. 11 years is plenty of time and I am not
in
the hurry