trainfan1

Bob La Londe wrote:
Ok, we are all familiar with inboards, I/Os, and outboards. Most of us have
seen a stern wheeler or a side wheeler or a picture of one, but what else is
there?

I have run a cross refferences to a steam jet outboard. Haven't seen one or
even read a review of one yet, but it sure sounds interesting.

There is another I/O drive that looks interesting. Looks like a ball joing
or soemthing like that where it comes out of the transom and it sticks way
back behind the behing unlike the usual I/O that looks like the lower half
of an outboard. I guess its more of an inboard application that turns
instead of using a rudder.

Anyway. Iwas curious what kinds of unusual drives there were ot there.

http://www.twindisc.com/products_pag...ace_drives.htm

http://www.powervent.com/main.html

http://www.seafury.com/design_build.html

....and the Penn Yan Tunnel Drive... & others...

Rob