Jim Donohue

They had been at anchor but were moving. Or at least that was the story
from the rescuers. Never talked to Pneuma after the strike but there were a
number of conversation with the other boats at Minerva including those that
took part in the rescue..

I believe one of the boats was going to find out what happened but if they
relayed it I was not on the air at the time.

Jim

"Steven Shelikoff" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:51:54 +1300, "Jofra" wrote:

Year before last we had a 38 foot sailboat enter Minerva reef by GPS.
After a couple of days decided to go out the other side via
visual...Guess what...Well they salvaged much of the equipment I
understand. Seems to me visual shortened their cruise and cost a lot
of money.

Jim Donohue

I quote in part:-

"Pneuma, Seattle-Based Ericson 39, Lost on South Minerva Reef
November 21 - Minerva Reef, South Pacific

Pneuma, the Ericson 39 from Seattle being cruised by Guy and Melissa
(no last name available) was lost Tuesday night while at anchor at South
Minerva Reef. The couple are safe. Minerva Reef is located about 250 miles
from Tonga on the way to New Zealand. It consists of two open ocean reefs,
which only fully break the surface at low tide."

Lost "while at anchor" at South Minerva Reef? That doesn't jibe with
Jim's story.

Steve