Jerry

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:34:00 -0800, David&Joan wrote:
I appreciate the advice and will try a flatter pitched prop. Was there some
specific size or pitch you ordered from Boat US.

Jerry

Jerry:

I have a Caribe 9X with the Tohatsu 9.8. As Wayne suggests in his post, I
changed the prop to a flatter pitch and it made a huge difference. I ordered
the prop thru BoatUS who sells the equivalent Nissan O/B. It cost about $65.
The flatter pitch prop lets me plane with about 400 lbs of load whereas
before I could only plane with about 200 lbs (me).