Paul L

Check the PropShop in Mukilteo. http://www.propshopltd.com/

Paul
www.jcrusier.org
"Steve" wrote in message
I picked up a spare prop several years ago.. Just happened to be the
recommended Dia./Pitch for my installation. The price was right..

I went to install it last summer and found that the bore was 1 1/8" while
my shaft is 1 1/4" .. (I had made an incorrect assumption, since this prop
came off a sister Ingrid 38, the shafts would be the same size.)

I really want to use this prop for my Inside Passage this summer since I
will be doing a lot of motoring. It has a larger diameter and less pitch
(17"X11") than my OEM prop.

Anyway, I need to increase the prop bore but the lathe, with taper
attachment, that I have access to, can't swing the 17" dia..

Does anyone have any experience with having a prop shop increase the prop
bore?? A regular machine shop isn't really geared up for this type of work
and the amount of set up time would drive the cost up too much.

I contacted a prop shop in Port Townsend and they said it could be done in
Seattle but had no idea of what it might cost.

Any comments or experience (cost) would be appreciated.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions