Wayne.B

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 00:48:41 -0500, Rodney Myrvaagnes
wrote:
I started with a working load the same as the wire, between 4 and 5000
lbs. The line was too thin for the clutches, and, over a 70-ft length
under tension, the creep was annoying, making it necessary to tighten
under way.

I changed up a size, and it works fine. It does still creep
perceptibly more than the SS did. It is barely large enough to hold
onto when hoisting, and 3/8 or 7/16 would be easier on the hands.

Rodney, I believe you are in the NYC area if I recall correctly. Talk
to Tom Anderson at Hathaway, Reiser and Raymond in Stamford, CT.

http://www.hathaways.com/

Tom does a great job of making up custom Spectra halyards that are
"core only" for half the length, core with cover for the back half.
Having the cover on the back half makes them big enough for rope
clutches and also easy on the hands.