Jay Chan

Default Why So Few Pontoon Boat Ads?

Jay, I conducted a survey of pontoon boat owners a couple of months ago. 33
owners responded. 17 keep their boats on trailers, the rest in docks or dry
storage.

Wow! Thanks for your effort in finding out how people use their
pontoon boats. Seem like quite a number of people trailer their
pontoon boats.

Pontoon boats have maximum people versatility (lots of people and lots of
activties) and minimal boating versatility (poor speed and maneuvarability,
lack of seaworthiness for bad conditions). In recreational boating, they are
truly a compromise, moreso than most boats.

I see your point. If I get a pontoon boat, I will not want to bring it
out near shore even when the weather is nice and the water is
relatively calm because there will be some waves in the sea even if
the weather is very nice. This limits the use of a pontoon boat in
lakes, bay or in-shore. This means I need to decide whether I will
ever want to bring the boat outside the bay...

Jay Chan