Steve

Default Spectra, for luff pennants??

For many years I have used wire to make pennants to adjust the hoist on my
head sails. To raise the tack/foot off the deck or clear the lifelines. Or
on the head to raise the halyard swivel enough to prevent a "halyard wrap"
on the roller furling...

I recently installed Spectra for all of my lifelines and observed how easy
it is to do a splice, the ultra high strength and UV resistance.

I'm seriously considering making up Spectra pennants for all of my head
sails. Sure would be easier on the sail and sail bags when they are stowed,
not to mention weight and windage aloft. The working strength exceeds that
of my halyards.

I'm still wondering about some method to seize or hand stitch these sleeve
type eye splices. No mention of this as a problem in the single braid line.
I have not noticed any slippage in my lifelines (although there is some
noted shrinkage in length on hot days (only slight)).

I would be interested in opinions??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions