Jeff Morris

Dave wrote:
When I'm acting as a lawyer, I'm obliged to advocate my client's case with
zeal. And in that case you're right that I might be obligated to tell his
story in its most favorable light, and limit what I say if it might damage
his position.

One of the most startling aspects of serving on a jury was listening to
lawyers, presumably honest men in real life, tell obvious lies, over and
over, hoping that by repetition some of us might start to believe them.
And indeed, during deliberation we had to keep telling certain jurors
that what they remembered as testimony was actually the lawyer's
unsubstantiated claims. I know we're all entitled to the best defense,
but if we could have, we would have found the lawyers guilty!