Bryan

We use Allstate and have no problems. They are competitive and pay claims
quickly. Maybe the agent makes a difference.

"Steve" wrote in message
I also recommend USAA and have had my boats insured with them for over 25
years.

However, USAA is primarily for US military officers, former officers or
their families. To qualify as a family member is not to difficult. Just
having an immediate family member who is or has been a military officer
will do the trick.

They may have opened up membership to other groups, such as law
enforcement. Wouldn't hurt to check.

When I insured my present boat 3 years ago, the were just placing a
$100,000 cap on the yacht policy and anything over that would be assigned
to an underwriter. I was lucky, since they were already in the process of
writing my policy when this went into effect. I think I heard that the cap
has now been lowered to $50,000 now for new policies. Still the rates are
still good even with an underwriter if your referral comes from USAA (so
I'm told).

Another nice feature about USAA is you can take your boat anywhere with no
limitation or riders required.

On the negative side, USAA has a 2% deductible on their yacht policy. Kind
of a big "ouch" if your into petty claims, but that is how they keep their
rates so low.

Excellent home and car insurance as well..

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

"Tamaroak" wrote in message
I use USAA, cheaper than Boat/US but not everyone qualifies.

Capt. Jeff