Jeff Morris

Berry wrote:
Any thoughts on the need for Air Conditioning on a Sailing Vessel while in
the Bahamas.

Currently have them on board, but no Gen Set. Hate to put in a Gen Set if
Air Conditioning is not needed.

Berry Myers
SV Nonpareil

I can't recall more than a handful of nights that were too hot when at
anchor. My current boat has two hatches above our bunk and that funnels
more than enough air to be be comfortable. We have a Breeze Booster,
but only need to use it at the dock. The only problem is when it rains!

Curiously, the same company that built my sailboat (PDQ), also builds a
power cat that is usually delivered with a Genset and A/C. The
staterooms have limited ventilation (compared to the sailboat), but they
told me they have installed large deck hatches on a few - presumably
purchased by former sailors.