Roger Long

I beg to differ. For learning it isn't nonsense at all. Your use of
"all the tools" will be more competent and you will have back up
skills for power failure, fire that wipes out all your systems, etc.
if you know how to get around without any magic boxes. I don't think
anyone is saying not to teach or use electronics but that learning the
old skills and keeping those skills sharp is of great value. I know
I'm a much better aircraft navigator for having kept the Loran and GPS
dark for the first three years I flew the plane.

--

Roger Long

Ohh stop...what utter nonsense. Interesting navigation occurs when
you can't see anything and there is nothing for the radar to see.
Then do that