Doug Dotson

No doubt. Try NMU (National Marine Underwriters) in Annapolis, MD.
My insurance doubled a couple of years ago and NMU wrote me a nice
policy. Rates seem to go up for the strangest reasons. I've never had a
claim.
When we went to The Bahamas my rate went from $900/yr to $1900/yr.
Not too suprising as I was leaving the Chesapeake area and going offshore
as well. But when we got back, I called to have the extended cruising
rider removed. My new rate was $1700/yr! Time to change companies.
And this was a company I had been with for years with no claims.
Go figure.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Jr Gilbreath" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone have any leads on good deals in boat insurance. My policy
renewal premium is just about double. Must pay for the hurricanes I
guess.