DSK

Doug Dotson wrote:
From what I understand, FL folks used to go to the Bahamas
during the summer to avoid the heat. Personally, I see using an AC
via a genset in an anchorage as bad manners. Around here I rarely
see sailboats even in the hottest part of the summer be rude enough
to run a genset all night in an anchorage. Sadly enough, it does appear
to be a frequent occurrance on the powerboats.

And a lot of them have no clue, since they're buttoned up inside and
can't hear it.

However, having a genset & AC doesn't mean you have to run it all night.
Usually during hot weather, we'll run it for the most intense heat of
the day. Keeps the boat drier inside too.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King