JimH

"basskisser" wrote in message
oups.com...

Harry Krause wrote:
Apostle Keith Williams wrote:
Remember the good old days when we didn't do sex
until married?

Sex before marriage is as old as marriage itself.

No, I don't. Thank god.

Hell, let's just go back to the "good old days" when, if a woman spoke
out of line, she was deemed a witch and stoned to death.

If she spoke *out of line* she was deemed a witch and stoned to death? I
don't recall reading about that. When and where was that happening?

Or let's go back to the "good old days" when fornicating at all was
considered a deadly sin.

You may not think so (see my closing comments). It still is. Were the 10
Commandments rewriten Bassy? When did that happen?

My uncle, who grew up during depression days, used to hate hearing
someone talk about the "good old days". He'd tell them in a second,
that the "good old days" weren't so good!

There were bad things and good things about those times. I don't know if I
could ever live without the comforts and technology of today. I don't know
how folks survived without running water, hot water on demand, electricity,
cars, etc.....but they somehow survived. Medical knowledge and technology
was also no where near what we have today and thus average life spans were
in the 50 or 60 year ranges. Now they are in the 70 to 80 year range, at
least in the US.

On the other hand we seem to have lost our moral and family values, now
almost things of the past. One only has to look at the percentage of
children being born out of wedlock (almost 80% in the black community and
almost 25% in the white community). A young single mother with child,
especially in her teens, is almost a ticket to povery. Add to that
increasing crime rates, lack of decency on the airwaves and the music being
sold and we have indeed become a nation without moral value.

Nope, these days are nothing like the good old days. Despite the
inconviences I almost long for those days.

And I wonder what type of world my children and their children will have to
live in.