Wayne.B

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:48:17 -0500, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:

If that's the case; i.e., losing a radar target when you close on
it; is it merely the way radar works, or is the radome mounted
incorrectly or are there other variables I'm unaware of insofar as
radar and minimum range/tuning?

The simplest explanation is that the height of the transmitter (aka, radome)
enters into the equation.

Antenna height is part of the issue but there is also a minimum
turnaround time from transmit to receive which enters into it. 25 to
50 yards is about normal in my experience. At that range you should
be able to guage your required offset and steer a straight course to
the proper side of the buoy, picking it up again after you pass it.