just me

I just went thru a similiar situation.
I fabricated a stern pole and the platform was angled up.
We solved it by gentlely heating the Questus tubes and removing some of the
bend. Dead level now. Fab'd a antenna array for the top and a engine lift
on the side. Polished it up and you could never tell. Photos avail. if
anyones interested.
Jay

--

Jay A. Howell, CFP
Registered Representative
wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm down in Guatamala installing a Questus hydraulically damped
self-leveling radar mount for a new RayMarine radar. Not that it
matters, but this was a back-stay mount version for which I made an
adapter to mount it on a radar mast. That part works fine. For an
idea as to how the radar is mounted, see:
http://www.questusmarine.com/2kwradars18diameter10.html

When I mounted the 2 KW radome, I found that it was tilted about 5
degrees. When I placed a 2 lb dive weight on the outer edge of the
higher side, it leveled out. It appears that the weight of the radome
isn't equally distributed.

I really don't want to place anymore weight on the mount, so I was
thinking about bolting the radar platform so that it was level. The
arm will be at a 5 degree angle, but I'm not worried about aesthetics.
However, I am wondering if the dome will remain level at all degrees of
heel. My physics are pretty rusty.

So, all your people who remember your physics, how about engaging that
portion of your brain for me!

Thanks in advance, Geoff