Cindy Ballreich

Default "Freshening" the Fresh Water Tanks

I've been doing a long overdue cleaning of our two stainless steel fresh
water tanks. All appears to be well with the tanks and I didn't find any
nasty surprises when I opened them up. I've cleaned out the small amount
of sediment that I found, and rinsed the tanks several times with fresh
water. Before I button them up, I'd like to do anything I can to remove
the last of the "tank taste". I'm concerned about using a chemical that
would cause problems with the water system or leave an unpleasant flavor
of it's own. I know that baking soda and hydrogen peroxide have been
discussed here before, but never quite in this context. If anyone
(especially Peggie Hall) would like to offer comments, I'd love to hear
them.

Thanks

Cindy

--
The email address above is a spam trap. Don't expect a response.
Reach me using firstname at lastname dot net