Roger Long

Well, she's nearly twice the age of my kids and didn't grow up with
video games. Besides, she's a girl, uh, woman.

I'm actually sure my kids would be thrilled to learn the same things
but it would be harder to get them to focus on them, be as interested,
or understand the necessity when the GPS was right there.

--

Roger Long

"Dave" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:18:02 GMT, "Roger Long"
said:

I'd like to think I could teach them
to do the same thing the old way but, face it, they know about GPS,
they aren't going to be very interested in learning that, "other
stuff".

Not my experience. I'm teaching navigation to my 26 year old
daughter, and
she's thrilled with how she can verify our position with an LOP and
look at
her DR plot and correlate it to the objects she sees. We have a
LORAN
aboard, but so far it hasn't interested her.