Backyard Renegade

Default Police Marine Units

"swatcop" wrote in message . com...
"Backyard Renegade" wrote in message
om...
"swatcop" wrote in message news:9RMCb.12536
Thank you for your input. Seems the jetskis are a common topic, and will

be
dealt with more severely.

I have been pretty impressed with what you have had to say, until now.
Hating jet skies as much as any other sane boater it is still my
opinion that if you go into this new assignment with that attitude,
and acting on that prejudice as you state you will, than you are just
another pain in the ass, bad cop.

As for the waterway, I'll be on the west coast in
the Gulf of Mexico. Thank you for the welcome and for the information, I
plan on making a POSITIVE change out there and not just becoming another
pain in the ass.

The way to make a positive change is to make your compadres see things
more from the user point of view and bring your practical experience
as a boater and a human to the job, not by going out with a "piggish"
attitude, looking for jetskiers and other (mostly law abiding) folks
who don't fall in line with your personal boating or even lifestyle,
preferences and treating them "more severely".

Scott Ingersoll, who has seen to many good cops fall into this trap...

I'm glad someone "pro-jetski"

You did not read my post correctly, I am not pro jetski, I said:
" Hating jet skies as much as any other sane boater..."
Anyway, just wanted to clear that one up...
Scotty

finally responded so I can get an even view of
the situation. As I stated in other replies, I am a fair guy. I won't
headhunt jetskis and hand out fistfulls of citations, but if all of the
boaters are complaining about the "water etiquette" usually displayed by
PWCs, then there's got to be a problem somewhere. I believe that I can get
the message out in my area that inconsiderate operation of PWCs will not be
acceptable without breaking out the ticket book. Once I warn someone,
though, I WILL issue a citation for subsequent offenses. That goes for PWCs,
boats, cars, skateboards, or whatever. Thanks for your input, yours will be
noted along with the rest of them.