rhys

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:47:09 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"Roger Long" wrote in message

Now, any Nova Scotia or Newfoundland cruisers in this group?

--

You might find some interesting winter reading in one of the following
guides:

My cruise experience has been limited to Halifax to St. Margaret's Bay and
Mahone Bay. Since I tend to get seasick in the heavier swells, I now have
a trailerable sailboat that I can drive distances and then launch in new
'cruising grounds'.
One area that would be perfect for me is the Bras d'Or lakes in Cape Breton,
the largest sal****er lake in the world. they assure me that tides and
swells are minimal there.

I recommend the cruising books of Silver Donald Cameron. Yes, that's
his legal name. Full of Cape Breton/Nova Scotia/Acadie sailing stuff.

R.