Doug Dotson

I have one in my mainsheet system. It is a standard off-the-shelf
Harkin block with 3 sheaves and a becket.

Doug
s/v Callista

"Steve" wrote in message
I need to increase the purchase on my main sheet, so I don't have to go to
a winch when trimming.

I designed my mainsheet around a diagram and picture in Sail Power,
however I have never been able to locate triple fiddle as there is
illustrated in Sail Power.. (I think it is a Meriman). The book is on the
boat right now.

I have tried using a traditional (side-by-side) triple but in light air
the block tumbles and the lines cross and jam in the other sheaves/lines.

I have been working with Garhauer, looking for a solution but it looks
like I may have to go with a custom block ( made from their double fiddle
w/becket).

BTW. What I need must take a 1/2" sheet.

I know they have existed at sometime since I have a picture in Sail Power
(or maybe it is in one of Henderson's books)..

Anyone have one laying around??

Steve
s/v Good Intentions